Sticky Rice is a Thai recipe. It’s a very lightly sweetened dessert so you always want more. A Hong Konger told me how she makes it and sure enough it comes out fabulous.
|Preparation Time:||5 minutes|
|Cooking Time:||30 minutes|
|Jasmine Rice||1/2 cup|
|Coconut Milk||1/2 cup|
|Condensed Milk||3/8 cup|
- Peel the mango.
- And chop it in small pieces. Keep aside.
- Wash rice a few times till the water comes out clear.
- Boil it in 1 cup of water. Once it starts boiling, lower the heat and cover it with a lid.
- Once the water is almost absorbed,
- add coconut milk and condensed milk.
- Mix well and wait till all the liquid is absorbed.
- Turn off the heat.
- To serve, place the rice on the plate and top it with mango pieces. Sticky Rice is ready to serve.
- Traditionally sweet rice is used in this recipe but jasmine rice works just fine.
- If you already have boiled rice, simply take about 1.5 cups of boiled rice, add coconut milk and condensed milk and boil till the water is absorbed. Just make sure that rice is soft and mushy.