Lauki Ki Barfi is a home style sweet that you won’t easily find in restaurants and sweet shops. Since it’s based on a vegetable, it’s also pretty light on stomach, which makes it a perfect sweet for summers.
|Preparation Time: 15 minutes||Cooking Time: 20 minutes|
|Servings: 16 pieces||Difficulty: Easy|
|Lauki (Opu)||2 cups grated|
|Khoya (Solidified Milk)||1 cup|
|Ghee (Clarified Butter)||1 tbsp|
|Kewra Water||1 tsp|
- Grease a small tray to set the barfi and keep it aside.
- Wash and peel lauki.
- Grate it coarsely.
- Squeeze out all the water from grated lauki.
- Heat ghee in a wok or fry pan. Add grated lauki and saute for about 5 minutes. Lauki will wilt a bit.
- Now add khoya and sugar to the pan.
- Cook it on medium heat, while stirring constantly.
- It will start to solidify slowly and come together.
- When it’s no longer runny, add kewra water and mix well again. Turn off the heat.
- Pour it in the greased tray to set.
- After it cools down a bit, put it in refrigerator so that it sets well.
- After a few hours, cut it into small pieces and it’s ready to serve.
- Feel free to use a flavor of your choice like cardamom powder instead of kewra water.
- Lauki Barfi needs to be stored in refrigerator and is served cold.