Malai Matar is a perfect curry when you have no fresh vegetables available. It’s very quick to make and tastes delicious. However, cream makes it really rich so make it on special occasions only.
|Preparation Time: 10 minutes||Cooking Time: 20 minutes|
|Servings: 4||Difficulty: Easy|
|Frozen Peas||1 cup|
|Cumin Seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Turmeric powder (haldi)||1/4 tsp|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Vegetable Oil||1 tsp|
- Peel and chop onions finely. Wash and chop the tomatoes and green chillies. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok. Add chopped onions and fry.
- Fry till slightly brown.
- Add cumin seeds, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, chopped green chillies and fry for a few seconds till fragrant.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and cook for a few minutes till tomatoes are limp.
- Then add frozen peas and fry for a few minutes.
- Add cream and again cook. Once it starts to boil, reduce the heat and let it cook.
- Once the fat (ghee) starts to appear on the top, curry is ready to serve.
- Feel free to use other vegetables in this curry, like mushrooms, fried methi, capsicum, corn kernels etc.
- The curry has very little spices and that’s the best way to make it. Don’t add too many other spices.