Kalakand Barfi is a very refreshing sweet and extremely easy to make. Tastes best when eaten the same day.
|Preparation time:||30 minutes|
|Heavy Cream||1/4 cup|
|Milk Powder||4 tbsp|
|Ghee (clarified butter)||1/8 tsp|
- Grease a tray with ghee and keep aside.
- Crumble paneer lightly. Make sure that the cheese is granular. If it’s too smooth, kalakand will not come out right.
- Mix paneer, cream, sugar and milk powder in a large nonstick pan and cook over medium heat. You can even add crushed elaichi in it if you want.
- Keep stirring constantly otherwise it will burn.
- Once it starts coming together, turn off the heat.
- Pour the cheese mixture in the tray and level it.
- Ground pistachio roughly and sprinkle on the top and let it set for a few hours. Once it’s set, cut it in squares or diamond shape.
- Store it in a air tight container in refrigerator.
- To make granular cottage cheese, use a little bit more vinegar than normal while making cheese.
- Feel free to add any fragrances to it like ground cardamom or kevra water but it really does not need anything.
- Here is another recipe for kalakand, made from paneer and khoya (solidified milk).