Lemon coriander soup is a clear soup rich in vitamin C, so very good for fighting cold. It’s perfect as a starter to work up your appetite.
|Preparation Time:||20 minutes|
|Fresh Coriander Leaves||1 cup|
|Carrot||1 tbsp shredded|
|Cabbage||1 tbsp shredded|
|Ginger||1 tsp grated|
|Vegetable Stock||3 cups|
|Vegetable Oil||1 tsp|
- Peel and shred the carrot, the cabbage and the ginger finely.
- Chop the green chilli finely.
- Wash and chop coriander leaves roughly.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry ginger and chillies for a minute.
- Pour over vegetable stock.
- Put coriander leaves in a sieve and place this sieve in the pan so that the coriander leaves are floating in the soup. This is to bring the flavor of coriander leaves in the soup without the actual leaves. Let it boil for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Now remove the seive with the coriander leaves. Turn off the heat. Add shredded vegetables and a few fresh coriander leaves. Squeeze in a tbsp of lemon juice and salt.
- And the Lemon coriander soup is ready.
- You can even boil the coriander leaves in stock without the sieve and then run it through a sieve later.
- Feel free to replace the green chillies with crushed black pepper if you like.
- Adjust the salt as per your liking. If you are using readymade stock, that itself has some salt so adjust it accordingly.