This hot and sour soup recipe is perfect for the winter season but we don’t wait for winters, every time we make Chinese food, we do make this as a starter.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Vegetable Broth||1 can (14 oz)|
|Soy Sauce||2 tbsp|
|Schezwan Sauce||1 tbsp|
|White Vinegar||1 tbsp|
|Corn Starch||1 tbsp|
|Hot Chilli Oil||1 tsp|
|Vegetables (green onion, carrot, cauliflower, mushroom, coriander leaves)||1 tbsp each|
- Chop vegetables finely.
- Heat oil in a wok. Saute vegetables for 30 seconds. Keep aside.
- Mix soya sauce, schezwan sauce and vinegar in a bowl. Keep aside.
- Mix corn starch in 2 tbsp of cold water. Keep aside.
- Pour broth in the wok and let it boil. Once it starts boiling add soya sauce mixture and the corn starch mixture to it. Stir constantly otherwise it will form lumps.
- Once it starts boiling again, turn off the heat. Hout and sour soup is ready.
- Garnish with the sauted vegetables and serve hot.
- Sometimes the canned broth is too salty. You may want to add a half cup water to it.
- The vegetables should stay crisp for best taste.
- If you like, you can also add small pieces of sauteed tofu to it.
- Always use cold water to mix corn starch. Mix it again just before adding it to the soup. Once added to the soup, keep stirring otherwise it will form lumps.
- If you add some red chilli sauce and 1/2 tsp of sugar, the color of the soup will become like coke.