Schezwan Potatoes is a quick snack for the times when you don’t want to put in too much effort yet want something spicy and yummy and different.
|Preparation Time: 5 minutes||Cooking Time: 15 minutes|
|Servings: 2||Difficulty: Easy|
|Ginger||1 tbsb chopped|
|Garlic||1 tbsp chopped|
|Crushed Black Pepper||1/2 tsp|
|Schezwan Sauce||2 tbsp|
|Fresh Coriander Leaves or Onion Greens||To garnish|
|Vegetable Oil||2 tbsp|
- Peel and chop ginger and garlic finely and keep aside.
- Wash the potatoes properly to remove all the dirt. I have used small potatoes but you can use any type.
- Parboil the potatoes. If boiling in pressure cooker, cook in 1 inch of water and turn it off when the cooker whistles. Once the steam dies down, drain all the water and let it cool.
- Cut the small potatoes in half and big potatoes in half inch thick wedges.
- Saute the potatoes in a non-stick pan with 2 tbsp of oil on high heat.
- Once the potatoes brown, add chopped ginger and garlic and fry again for a couple of minutes.
- Add salt and black pepper and mix.
- Add schezwan sauce and saute again for a minute. Turn off the heat. Schezwan Potatoes are ready.
- Garnish with chopped fresh coriander leaves or onion greens and serve it hot.
- Schezwan Sauce is pretty hot so adjust as per your palette.
- Don’t over cook the potatoes. They should not crumble when sautéing.