If you like Corn Cobs, you will love Masala Corn. It has all the goodness of the fresh corn with no worries of getting them stuck in your teeth.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Red chilli powder||1/4 tsp|
|Fresh lime||1-2 tsp|
- Remove husks from the corn cobs.
- Place a toaster grill on the stove. Place the corn on the grill and roast it.
- Keep rotating the cobs so that they cook evenly. Let them cool down a little after they are done.
- After they cool down a little, remove the kernels using a sharp knife.
- In a bowl, mix corn kernels, salt, red chillies and lemon juice and Masala Corn is ready to serve.
- Traditionally corns are barbecued over the coals but stove works just fine.
- In India, traditionally salt is rubbed along with lemon on the corn cob itself and you are supposed to eat the kernels from the cob directly. I find it a little messy and some times I do not even want to eat the whole corn cob so I prefer removing the kernels from the cob, mixing the spices in it and then serving it.