Kele Ke Kebab is a healthy version of Aloo Ki Tikiya. Green Plantain and cottage cheese together make it a guilt free yummy snack.
|Preparation time:||50 minutes|
|Kachcha Kela (Green Plantain)||2|
|Paneer or Cottage Cheese||1 cup|
|Ginger||1 tbsp grated|
|Fresh Coriander Leaves||1/2 cup|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Chaat Powder||3/4 tsp|
|Vegetable Oil||2 tbsp|
- Peel plantain roughly so that the top hard peel is removed but the inner peel is still left. Cut each plantain in half and boil in salted water till they are soft (about 30 minutes).
- While plantain is boiling, chop the green chillies and grate the ginger finely.
- Separate the coriander leaves from stems. Wash the leaves and chop them roughly.
- Drain the water and let plantain cool. Grate it coarsely.
- Mix grated plantain, mashed cottage cheese, grated ginger, chopped chillies, salt, red chilli, chat masala in a large bowl.
- Taste the mixture and adjust the seasonings as per your taste.
- Take about walnut sized mixture and flatten it like a disc. Repeat with rest of the mixture.
- Heat a nonstick pan and sprinkle a little oil on it.
- Place a few patties on the pan and cook on medium heat. Turn over in a couple of minutes.
- Cook till they are brown from both sides. Remove from the pan.
- Kele Ke Kebab are ready. Serve them hot with Green Chutney or Ketchup.
- Make sure that the grated plantains are not very watery. If that happens, add a little corn flour to the mixture.
- I normally shape the kebabs like Tikiya but you can shape them anyway you like.