Bhelpuri is a savoury Indian snack and is also a type of chaat. It is made out of puffed rice, vegetables and a tangy tamarind sauce.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Bhel mix (puffed rice + sev)||2 cups|
|Chopped onions||1/4 cup|
|Chopped tomatoes||1/2 cup|
|Chopped Coriander Leaves||1/4 cup|
|Chopped Green Chillies||1|
|Green Mint Coriander Chutney||1 tsp|
|Sweet Tamarind Sauce||1 tsp|
|Chat Masala||1/2 tsp|
|Fresh lime juice||1 tsp|
- Chop onions, tomatoes, coriander leaves, green chillies.
- Mix all the dry ingredients and toss thoroughly.
- Mix onions, tomatoes, lemon juice, coriander leaves, green chillies, dry ingredients, mint coriander-chutney and tamarind sauce together.
- Serve immediately. It becomes soggy after some time.
- Optionally you can add 1/2 cup chopped boiled potatoes to the mix.
- Adjust the chutney, lemon and chat masala as per your taste.
- Bhel mix is available in Indian stores but you can make your own mix. Just use some puffed rice and besan sev or any other Indian namkeens.