Peas snack is very popular in Uttar Pradesh in the winters. Cooked with heeng and ginger and garnished with fresh coriander leaves, they are absolutely mouth watering.
|Preparation Time:||20 minutes|
|Frozen shelled peas||2 cups|
|Finely chopped ginger||1 tbsp|
|Chopped coriander leaves||1 tbsp|
|Chopped green chillies||1-2|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Vegetable oil||1 tsp|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 tsp|
- Heat oil in a wok. Add cumin seeds. Wait till they puff up.
- Add ginger and fry for a minute.
- Add peas, chillies and salt. Reduce heat. Cover the lid and let it cook for 15 minutes. Toss occasionally.
- Turn off the heat. Add coriander leaves and lemon juice. Serve hot with fresh cucumber sandwiches.
- This can be served in breakfast as well as a snack.