Barbeque Nation Crispy Corn is one of the appetizers served by Barbeque Nation in India. It is delicious and super easy to make. In this recipe, we are making it healthier by baking it instead of frying.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Corn kernels (frozen or fresh)||1 cup|
|Corn Starch||1 tbsp|
|Crushed kali mirch (black peppercorns)||1/8 tsp|
|Olive Oil||2 tsp|
|Red chilli powder (lal mirch)||1/8 tsp|
|Chaat masala||1/8 tsp|
|Red Onion||2 tbsp finely chopped|
|Tomatoes||2 tbsp finely chopped|
|Fresh lime juice||1 tbsp|
|Fresh cilantro leaves||To Garnish|
- Preheat over to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the kernels from corn cob using a knife. Thaw and pat dry corn kernels if using frozen.
- Combine corn starch, half the salt, half the crushed pepper with corn kernel. Gently toss to cover the corn with dry ingredients.
- Now pour olive oil and toss again to coat.
- Grease a baking tray with olive oil generously otherwise the corn will stick to the tray and spread the corn in a single layer. If you don’t have an oven you can fry the kernels but be careful as they pop up some times.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes till the corn are crisp.
- While corn is being baked, chop onion, tomatoes, green chillies and fresh cilantro leaves finely.
- Take them out of the oven and top it with rest of the ingredients. Garnish with cilantro and Barbeque Nation Crispy Corn is ready to serve.
- If you are using frozen kernels, make sure that they are fully dried otherwise cornstarch will bunch up and kernels will become chewy.
- If you don’t have an oven you can fry the kernels but be careful as they pop up some times.