Heeng Ka Achar (Mango Asafoetida Pickle) is an age old pickle made in Indian homes. It’s a very basic pickle requiring only four ingredients and it’s really easy to make. This is one of those pickles that you will never find in stores.
|Preparation Time:||40 minutes|
|Raw mangoes||1 kg|
|Heeng (asafoetida powder)||10 gm|
|Red chilli powder||50 gm|
- Wash mangoes thoroughly and dry them completely with a piece of cloth. Mangoes should be young and tart.
- Peel the mangoes to remove the green part completely.
- Grate the mangoes coarsely.
- Add salt, asafoetida powder, red chilli powder and mix.
- Pour the mixture in a clean, dry jar and store in a dry place.
- Heeng Ka Achar (Mango Asafoetida Pickle) will be ready in about 3 weeks.
- Store it in pantry and enjoy with Stuffed Aloo Paranthas or Stuffed Gobhi Paranthas.
- You can blend Heeng Pickle with fresh mint and coriander leaves for a delicious fresh chutney.
- Heeng is also known as hing or asafoetida.
- Heeng is one of the best spices to reduce flatulence. Add it to all the dals and vegetables (beans, cauliflower etc.) known for flatulence.