Schezwan Green Beans is my favorite Chinese dish. It’s simple, delicious and easy to make too. You can eat it with steamed rice or just like that.
|Preparation Time:||20 minutes|
|Green Beans (French Beans)||1 lb|
|Adarak or Ginger||1 tbsp grated|
|Lehsun or Garlic||1 tbsp grated|
|Green Onions||A couple|
|Chilli Sauce||1 tbsp|
|Soy Sauce||3 tbsp|
|Sesame Seeds||1 tbsp|
|Corn Starch||1 tbsp|
|Sesame Oil||2 tbsp|
- Mix corn flour in 2 tbsp of cold water and keep aside. Make sure that there are no lumps.
- Dry roast the sesame seeds in a pan till they puff up. Turn off the heat and keep them aside.
- Peel and grate ginger and garlic.
- Chop green onions in small pieces.
- String the beans and cut them in about 3 inch pieces. If you like you can use them whole but I prefer to cut them because then they are easy to eat.
- Saute beans in 1 tbsp of oil till they have brown and black spots. Keep them aside.
- Heat the remaining oil and fry garlic, ginger and chopped onion.
- Add soy sauce, chilli sauce, vinegar and sugar. Mix a little.
- Stir the corn starch slurry and add to the pan. Keep stirring, otherwise it will form lumps.
- Add beans and mix well. Turn off the heat. Schezwan Green Beans is ready.
- Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds and serve it hot with steamed rice.
- Soy sauce has a lot of salt so I don’t add the salt separately. Feel free to adjust it as per your taste. For that matter adjust all the seasonings as per your taste.
- Make sure that you stir fry beans on high heat. The beans shouldn’t soften much. They taste best when they are crunchy.