Pasta is a type of noodle, which is the staple food of Italy. Pasta comes in a variety of shapes and sizes, typically made of unleavened dough. This recipe shows you how to make fresh Linguine pasta, which is a flat and wide noodle.
|Preparation Time:||45 minutes|
|All Purpose Flour||1 + 1/4 cup|
|Black Pepper||1/8 tsp|
|Crushed Red Pepper||1/8 tsp|
|Parmesan Cheese||1/4 cup|
|Basic Pasta Sauce||3 cups|
- Prepare the pasta sheets as per the directions here: /bread/fresh-pasta-sheets-recipe
- Once the sheet is ready, run it through the cutting attachment.
- Dust it with dry flour generously. Pasta is ready to be cooked.
- Drop the pasta in boiling water with a spoon full of salt and a tbsp of olive oil. Boil for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Drain the pasta.
- Mix with hot pasta sauce, parmesan cheese, crushed black pepper, crushed red pepper and serve. Linguine pasta is ready.
- Do not overcook pasta.
- If you are not using the boiled pasta immediately, sprinkle some olive oil on the drained pasta and toss it so that it does not stick together.