Crepes are thin and delicate pancakes which can be filled with virtually anything and surprisingly they are extremely easy to make. They are so versatile that you can convert them into a dessert, breakfast or hearty dinner in no time. This recipe shows how to make the basic crepe.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|All Purpose Flour||1 cup|
|Milk||1 3/4 cups|
- Make sure that everything is at room temperature.
- Whisk flour, salt and eggs together.
- Add milk and butter and whisk again into a smooth batter.
- Let the batter sit for a couple of hours if possible.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan on medium heat. Add a few drops of vegetable oil in the pan. Once it’s heated through, wipe it off.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter on the pan. Rotate the pan to cover the pan with a thin layer of the batter.
- In a few seconds, the sides of the crepe will start coming off the pan.
- Peek at the bottom of the crepe and flip it, once it’s golden brown.
- Once the other side is golden brown too, take it off the pan. Crepe is ready to be used.
- You can always make these crepes ahead of time and store in refrigerator. When you want to eat it, warm it a bit in a pan, fill it with a filling of your choice and enjoy.
- Make sure that the batter is spread evenly in the pan otherwise the crepe will not cook evenly. Very often the sides are thinner than the middle and then they become too crisp and break.
- If you notice some holes while spreading the batter, pour some more batter and rotate the pan again.