Tortilla is used in many Mexican dishes like Burrito, Quesadilla, Tacos, Fajitas, etc. and the fresher they are, the tastier these dishes become.
|Preparation Time: 10 minutes||Cooking Time: 15 minutes|
|Servings: 8 small tortillas||Difficulty: Easy|
|All Purpose Flour||2 cups|
|Baking Powder||1/8 tsp|
|Vegetable Oil||1/4 cup|
- Mix flour, salt, oil and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add vegetable oil and rub it in to make a bread crumb kind of consistency.
- Use lukewarm water to knead a soft dough.
- Keep it aside covered for 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough in 8 equal balls.
- Roll a ball in a thin roti.
- Put it on the hot griddle. Keep it on medium heat.
- When bubbles start to form, flip it over.
- Cook till the other side also gets some brown spots.
- Repeat with other balls. Tortillas are ready to be used.
- To make it more healthy, you can replace some all purpose flour with the whole wheat flour.