Guar/Gavar Ki Phali (Cluster Beans) is a commonly found legume in India. This is again one of those beans that is getting lost in today’s fast life. You will never find Guar/Gavar vegetable in a restaurant. This is a common bean made in whole of India with very few simple ingredients.
|Preparation Time:||50 minutes|
|Guar ki phali (cluster beans)||500 gm|
|Vegetable oil||1 tsp|
|Cumin Seeds||3/4 tsp|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||1 tsp|
|Garam Masala||1/4 tsp|
|Dried Mango Powder||1/2 tsp|
- Wash guar beans. Cook them in pressure cooker with 1 cup of water. Turn off the heat at first whistle. Open the cooker after the steam dies down. Drain the beans. Beans should be soft but not mushy.
- Once the beans have cooled down, string them. Chop them coarsely to about 1 inch pieces. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan. Add cumin seeds and wait till they puff up.
- Add asafoetida, turmeric, chilli, coriander and mix.
- Now add guar beans and mix again. Add salt, mango powder and garam masala and mix.
- Reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes. Toss the beans every once in a while.
- Guar/Gavar Ki Phali (Cluster Beans) is ready. Serve Guar/Gavar Ki Phali (Cluster Beans) hot with Dal and Roti.
- This is one of those recipes that people don’t make anymore. It takes some effort to string the beans and it’s very simple in taste, hence people don’t make it. You will never find it in restaurants. If you like simple food, this is perfect for you.
- Heeng is a must in this recipe as it prevents flatulence caused by beans.