A cobbler refers to the dishes, consisting of a fruit or savory filling covered with pastry sheet, batter or biscuit before being baked. As the name suggests, this is a recipe with mixed berries as filling. Mixed Berry Cobbler is healthy, extremely simple to make and delicious – a perfect combination.
|Preparation time||40 minutes|
|Fresh mixed berries (strawberry, raspberry, blueberry)||3 cups|
|White sugar||1/2 cup|
|Brown sugar||1/2 cup|
|Cinnamon powder||1/4 tsp|
|Nutmeg powder||1/8 tsp|
|Fresh lime juice||1 tsp|
|Corn starch||2 tsp|
|All purpose flour||1/2 cup|
|Unsalted chilled butter||6 tbsp|
|Baking powder||1 tsp|
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop the strawberries to blueberry size. Mix up all the berries.
- In a large bowl combine berries, 1/4 cup of white sugar, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice and corn starch.
- Spread evenly in a baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a separate bowl combine 1/4 cup of white sugar, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, all purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Mix in cold butter with your finger tips until you get bread crumb consistency. Keep aside.
- Once the berries are baked, remove them from the oven and sprinkle the flour mix on top.
- Bake until golden brown on top. Mixed Berry Cobbler is ready.
- Serve it hot by itself or with an ice cream scoop on the side.
- To make it more healthy, you can replace all purpose flour with plain oats.
- You can even replace berries with peaches or apples.