This is a moist flourless chocolate cake, which is great for any occasion. It can be made with coffee or water or with rum.
|Preparation Time||45 minutes|
|Dark chocolate||180 gm|
|Unsalted butter||1/2 cup|
|Granulated sugar||1/2 cup|
|Eggs||4 at room temperature|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||1/2 cup|
|Rum or coffee or water||1/3 cup|
|Vanilla Essence||1 tsp|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a 6 inch diameter baking dish and grease it lightly. Now add 2 tbsp of all purpose flour and rotate in the dish till it’s fully coated with a thin layer of flour. Pat off the extra flour. Place the parchment paper at the bottom.
- Melt chocolate pieces with butter. Melt together until smooth.
- Whisk in the sugar.
- Whisk in the egg one by one. Also add vanilla extract.
- Whisk in cocoa powder until smooth.
- Mix in the rum or coffee or water. For coffee mix 1 tsp coffee powder in 1/3 cup water
- Pour into a pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, perform the prick test – stick a wooden prick in the middle of the cake and remove it quickly. If it comes out clean, cake is ready. If it has wet batter on it, bake it for another 5 minutes or so and test again.
- Once baked, cool for some time. As it cools down it sinks a little because it does not have any flour but that’s normal.
- Flourless Chocolate Cake is ready to enjoy.
- For best results butter and eggs should be at room temperature.
- Don’t use a bigger baking pan otherwise the cake breaks while taking it out.
Flourless Chocolate Cake
Based on 1 Review(s)