Butternut Squash soup is a hearty hot soup, which tastes great on a cold winter night. Serve it with freshly baked bread and you will have nothing left over for sure.
|Preparation time||30 minutes|
|Butternut squash||2 cups diced|
|Ginger||1 tbsp chopped|
|Pink masoor dal||1/2 cup|
|Vegetable stock||3 cups|
|Coconut milk||1/2 cup|
|Brown sugar||1 tsp|
|Lime juice||1 tbsp|
|Salt and pepper||To taste|
- Peel and chop butternut squash roughly and place it in a sauce pan.
- Wash masoor dal and add to the sauce pan.
- Peel and chop ginger and add to the pan along with the stock.
- Don’t add salt till you taste the soup because often stock has a lot of salt.
- Boil the soup and once it starts boiling, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 20 minutes. Keep stirring once in a while.
- Once the squash pieces are soft, turn off the heat and blend it with an immersion blender. If you don’t have immersion blender, let it cool and blend it in a mixer.
- Now pour it back to the pan, add coconut milk, sugar and lime juice and wait till it boils again. Season it with black pepper as per your taste. Turn off the heat and Butternut Squash Soup is ready to serve.