Watermelon salad is perfect for hot summer days, when you want something sweet, juicy and refreshing. A hint of Tabasco gives it a little spiciness while lemon juice makes it a little tangy. Feta cheese gives it a creamy texture and mint leaves add to the freshness and aroma.
|Preparation time||30 minutes|
|Seedless watermelon||1 small (about 5 pounds)|
|Feta cheese||100 gm|
|Olive oil||2 tbsp|
|Lemon juice||1 tbsp|
|Crushed pepper||1/2 tsp|
- Cut the watermelon in half and scoop out the roundels using a melon baller. Scoop out the trimmings also as we will use the shell for serving the salad. Use all the trimmings for a watermelon drink. If you don’t have a watermelon baller, scoop out the whole watermelon using a knife and then chop them in cubes.
- Cut a thin slice off the bottom of the hollow watermelon shell so that it balances well.
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, Tabasco, salt and pepper.
- Wash and chop mint and basil leaves roughly. Crumble feta cheese with fingers.
- Mix everything gently in a bowl and serve it in the hollow watermelon shell. Watermelon Salad is ready.
- Watermelon is about 90% water, so it’s really good for summers. In fact, it grows in hot climates only. It’s amazing that nature gives us the food, according to the climate.
- It is effective in reducing both your body temperature and blood pressure.
- Watermelon is a nutrient dense food. It provides high levels of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and just a small number of calories.
- Watermelon is great for the skin because it contains vitamin A.
- Too much vitamin C, abundant in watermelon, can cause symptoms such as diarrhea or gastrointestinal discomfort.
Based on 3 Review(s)