Red quinoa, with crispy roasted chickpeas, caramelized leeks and a zesty dressing, make this bowl a refreshing, healthy and filling dish.
|Preparation Time:||40 minutes|
|Chickpeas||15 oz can|
|Fresh Basil Leaves||1/8 oz, 10 leaves|
|Fresh Chives||1/8 oz|
|Fresh Parsley||1/8 oz|
|Red Quinoa||2/3 cup|
|Crushed Red Pepper||1/4 tsp|
|Feta Cheese||6 oz|
|Baby Spinach||3 oz|
|Olive Oil||3 tbsp|
|Black pepper||1/4 tsp|
- Preheat oven to 425 degree Fahrenheit.
- Discard the dark green top of leek. Rinse it. Halve it lengthwise and cut 1/4 inch moons. Place it in a bowl filled with water to get rid of any remaining dirt.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Pat dry on a kitchen towel.
- Wash basil, chives and parsley and chop them fine. Keep separately.
- In a sauce pan, combine quinoa, 1.3 cups of water and 1/4 tsp salt. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium low, cover the pan and simmer until all the water is absorbed and quinoa is tender.
- On a baking sheet, toss 1 cup chickpeas with 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp crushed black pepper. Arrange in single layer and roast until crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Dish out leek from water leaving dirt below. Pat very dry on a towel. Add leeks to chickpeas and toss to combine. Roast until leeks are golden brown.
- Mince garlic with 1/8 tsp salt into a fine paste. Place it in a large bowl.
- Add chives, basil and crushed red pepper, juice of half lemon, 2 tbsp olive oil and 1/4 tsp salt. Whisk to combine.
- Break feta into large pieces. Quarter apricots. Wash and pat spinach dry.
- Add spinach to dressing bowl along with feta and apricots and toss to combine. Add cooked quinoa and toss to coat. Adjust salt and pepper.
- Divide spinach feta in serving bowls and top with crispy chickpeas and leeks. Garnish with parsley. Serve with a lemon wedge on the side.