Roasted Broccoli Quinoa Bowl is a bowl of boiled Quinoa, roasted broccoli, seasoned pumpkin seeds with zesty yogurt sauce is a colorful bowl, full of healthy goodness.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Broccoli Florets||12 oz|
|Grape Tomatoes||1/2 cup|
|Cilantro||1/4 cup packed|
|Pumpkin Seeds or Walnuts||2 tbsp|
|Ancho Chile Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Coriander Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Cumin Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Greek Yogurt||1/2 cup|
|Olive Oil||1.5 tbsp|
|Black Pepper||1/2 tsp|
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a sauce pan, combine quinoa, 1.3 cups of water and 1/4 tsp of salt. Bring to boil over high heat then reduce heat to medium low, cover pan and simmer until all the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove pan from heat and keep aside.
- While quinoa is cooking, rinse all the vegetables.
- Cut broccoli in half inch florets.
- Halve tomatoes lengthwise.
- Separate cilantro leaves from stalk and chop both roughly.
- Mince garlic. Cut the lime in wedges for garnish. Mince jalapeno.
- In a small bowl mix walnut seeds, cumin pwdr, chile pwdr, coriander pwdr, 1/4 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of olive oil. Dump it on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for 3-4 minutes until lightly brown. Keep an eye on it, they brown pretty quickly. Keep aside.
- Toss broccoli with 1 tbsp of olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp of pepper. Dump it on the same baking sheet as above and bake for about 8-10 minutes, until lightly charred.
- Combine yogurt, honey, cilantro stems, 1/8 tsp of lime juice, minced garlic, half of cilantro leaves, half of minced jalapeno, 1/4 tsp of salt, 1/4 tsp of pepper in a small bowl. If it is too thick, add a little water until pourable.
- Halve avocado and discard the pit. Scoop out the flesh and thinly slice.
- Divide the quinoa in bowls. Top with roasted broccoli and halved tomatoes. Drizzle over yogurt sauce. Garnish with broken walnuts, avocados, remaining cilantro and lime wedges.
- You can make a lot of substitutes if you don’t have all the ingredients. Like pumpkin seeds can be replaced with sunflower seeds or walnuts. Greek yogurt can be replaced with normal thick yogurt.
- The yogurt sauce is also great as a dip with fresh vegetables or chips.