There is probably nothing more satisfying than a refreshing cool sweet drink on a hot sunny day and Watermelon Drink fits the bill perfectly in all respects. First, it tastes great. Second, it looks great with the bright pink color. Third, it requires no cooking. Fourth, its ingredients can be found in any kitchen. Fifth, it is super easy. So what are you waiting for?
|Preparation time||10 minutes|
|Seedless watermelon||1 small (about 5 pounds)|
|Lemon juice||2 tbsp|
|Black salt||1/2 tsp|
|Roasted and ground cumin seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Mint leaves||To garnish|
- Cut the watermelon in half and scoop out the whole watermelon using a knife and then chop it roughly.
- Blend the watermelon pieces in a blender.
- Add all the spices and mix. Watermelon Drink is ready.
- Serve it chilled with mint.
- You can also make Watermelon Drink from the trimmings left from the Watermelon Salad.
- Watermelon is about 90% water, so it’s really good for summers. In fact, it grows in hot climates only. It’s amazing that nature gives us the food, according to the climate.
- It is effective in reducing both your body temperature and blood pressure.
- Watermelon is a nutrient dense food. It provides high levels of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and just a small number of calories.
- Watermelon is great for the skin because it contains vitamin A.
- Too much vitamin C, abundant in watermelon, can cause symptoms such as diarrhea or gastrointestinal discomfort.