Papad Ki Sabji is a Rajasthani curry made with a very few ingredients. It’s easy to make and great for the days when you don’t have any fresh vegetables at home. It tastes best with steamed rice.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Mustard Seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander (dhania) seeds||1 tsp|
|Cumin seeds (jeera)||1/2 tsp|
|Grated ginger||1 tsp|
|Yogurt (dahi or curd)||1 cup|
|Chopped Green Chilies||3-4|
|Chopped Coriander Leaves||1/4 cup|
|Turmeric powder (haldi)||1/2 tsp|
|Vegetable Oil||1 tbsp|
- Heat oil in a wok. Add mustard seeds, jeera seeds, coriander seeds and wait till they crackle.
- Add grated ginger, chopped green chillies and onion and fry.
- Wait till the onions brown a bit. Then add salt, turmeric powder and chopped tomatoes.
- Cook tomatoes for 5 minutes. They should NOT melt into the masala.
- Add yogurt and cook while stirring it constantly till the oil is separated. Now add 2 cups of water and let it boil.
- Soak papad in water for a minute and chop them up in big chunks.
- Add papad pieces to the gravy and cook for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat. Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves.
- Papad Ki Sabji is ready to serve.
- You can add water to the gravy as per your liking.
- You can use any dal papad here.
- Always read the whole recipe first before start cooking.