Paneer in Coconut Gravy is a nice variation from regular paneer curry to wow your family.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Paneer (Cottage Cheese)||200 gm|
|Roasted and Ground Cumin Seeds||3/4 tsp|
|Coriander Seeds||1.5 tsp|
|Grated Fresh Coconut||1/4 cup|
|Coconut Milk||1/2 cup|
|Tamarind Pulp||1 tsp|
|Grated Ginger||3/4 inch|
|Cinnamon Stick||1 inch Piece|
|Dried Red Chillies||3-4|
|Turmeric Powder (haldi)||1/4 tsp|
|Vegetable Oil||2 tbsp|
- Dry roast cumin seeds and coriander seeds till fragrant.
- Grind cumin and coriander seeds with grated ginger, cinnamon, cloves, whole red chilli, turmeric powder and scraped fresh coconut into a paste.
- Peel and chop onions finely.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan and fry onions till golden brown. Add the spice paste and cook for a minute.
- Add slit green chillies, cubed paneer, salt, tamarind paste and coconut milk.
- If it appears too dry, add a little water to get the consistency you like.
- Mix well and cook for a few minutes on low heat till paneer is soft.
- Paneer in Coconut Gravy is ready. Serve it hot with Roti or Parantha.