There are many different variations possible for the Tomato Chutney. This recipe is the North Indian style Tomato Chutney, which goes great with any meal.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Pureed fresh tomatoes||1 cup|
|Finely grated ginger||1 tbsp|
|Finely chopped green chillies||2-3|
|Cumin powder||1/2 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tsp|
|Red chilli powder||1/4 tsp|
|Brown sugar or jaggery||4 tbsp|
|Vegetable oil||1/2 tsp|
- Heat oil in a pan. Add all the dry spices and stir.
- Add ginger, tomatoes and green chillies.
- Cook till water is absorbed. Add brown sugar and mix well. North Indian Tomato Chutney is ready.
- Use it as an accompaniment with Dal, Vegetables and Roti.
- You can keep it refrigerated for a few days. There is no need to heat it up before serving.
- Amount of sugar used in this recipe depends on the tomatoes and your taste. I will recommend using only half the sugar first, taste it. If it’s too sour, add a little more and so on.