Do you get into the situations where the fruits are wilting on the counter and no one is eating them? Well, here is a good solution. Make a chutney out of the fruits. Believe me, this Apple Ginger Chutney is so good that you will go out to buy fresh apples to make it.
|Preparation Time:||20 minutes|
|Ginger||1 tbsp grated|
|Vegetable Oil||2 tbsp|
|Kishmish (raisins)||2 tbsp|
|Red Chilli Powder||1 tsp|
|Roasted Jeera (cumin) powder||1/2 tsp|
|Black Salt||1/2 tsp|
- Peel the apples and chop them finely.
- Peel and grate the ginger finely.
- Heat the oil in a wok and saute the ginger for a minute.
- Now add the raisins and saute till they puff up a bit.
- Add the apple pieces and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the sugar and cook on low heat for a few minutes till the sugar dissolves.
- Mash the apple a bit. Add all the remaining ingredients, mix well and turn off the heat. Apple Ginger Chutney is ready.
- Enjoy it on bread, toasts, paranthas or anything that needs a little zing.
- This can be stored in refrigerator for a week easily.
- Feel free to play with the spices. These are the spices I like but you can use any other spices you like.
- This chutney can be made with other fruits too. The fruit needs to be a little tart for best results.