I remember the first time I had Zucchini Bread was in my office, when someone brought a loaf to share. Honestly, I was skeptical. As an immigrant I was new to the country and had never heard of a bread/cake made out of a vegetable. So I took a small piece to try because I did not want to be rude but I was completely taken aback with its taste. It was moist and barely sweet and I couldn’t help but ask for the recipe. Zucchini bread has been a regular phenomenon in our home ever since. This is a simple straight forward recipe of a moist Zucchini Bread, which takes very little effort and you can have it ready in no time. It’s perfect with evening tea or coffee.
|Preparation time||70 minutes|
|All purpose flour||1.5 cup|
|Baking soda||1/2 tsp|
|Baking Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Shredded zucchini||1 cup|
|Vegetable oil||1/4 cup|
|Grated lemon peel||1/4 tsp|
|Chopped walnuts||1/2 cup|
- Preheat the oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Grease a loaf pan lightly. Now add 2 tbsp of all purpose flour and rotate in the pan till the pan is fully coated with a thin layer of flour. Pat off the extra flour. Keep aside.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the next 3 ingredients and beat it with hand till a little lighter in color.
- Now add oil and lemon peel to it and mix it.
- Stir in the flour mixture in this bowl and fold in the nuts.
- Pour the mixture in the greased loaf pan and bake for about 55 to 60 minutes.
- Stick a wooden prick in the bread and remove it quickly. If it comes out clean, bread is ready. If it has wet batter on it, bake it for another 5 minutes or so and test again. Once done, take it out and Zucchini Bread is ready.
- Try this: Heat a slice in microwave for 20 seconds. Top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and then eat it.