Shakarkand (Sweet Potato) Chaat is very easy to make and tastes great.
|Preparation Time:||60 minutes|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/2 tsp|
- Wash sweet potatoes and bake them in oven under broiler for about 30 minutes. Keep rotating the sweet potatoes every 10 minutes, so that they are baked evenly.
- Once they are soft to touch, remove them from the oven. Let them cool a bit.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and chop them roughly in half inch pieces.
- Sprinkle salt and red chilli powder. Squeeze lemon as per your taste and serve it.
- Don’t over cook sweet potatoes otherwise they will become dry.
- Since sweet potatoes are kind of dry, so they need some moisture. Since lemon is sweeter than lime, it’s better to use lemon because then you don’t have to worry about chaat becoming too tangy.
- You can also replace lemon with sweet tamarind chutney and red chilli powder with black pepper powder.
- The same recipe works well for potatoes also but of course sweet potatoes are healthier.