Adarak Neemboo Ka Achaar (Ginger Lime Pickle) is a very simple pickle. It needs to be stored in refrigerator and unlike other pickles it does not stay for a long time.
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Adarak or Ginger||1 cup chopped|
|Neemboo or Lime||4|
|Salt||1 1/2 tbsp|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/2 tbsp|
- Chop adarak/ginger coarsely in long pieces.
- Leave it in sun for 5-6 hours so that it dries up a bit. Stir once in a while so that all sides are dry.
- Chop neemboo/lime in long thin pieces.
- Mix lime pieces (along with its juice), ginger, salt and chilli powder.
- Store it in a sterile jar and keep it in a sunny place for about one week.
- The lime peel will be soft in a week and then it’s ready to eat. Adarak Neemboo Ka Achaar (Ginger Lime Pickle) is ready.
- This pickle cannot be kept for too long because of the ginger. It stays good for about 2 weeks in refrigerator.
- When choosing lime, pick the limes which have thin shell. They are more juicy and the thin shell softens easily.