Sevaiyan and Potatoes is a typical Sindhi breakfast. Sweet sevaiyan topped with savory potatoes make a delightful and hearty breakfast that you just can’t have enough of.
|Preparation Time||40 minutes|
Ingredients for sevaiyan
|Small vermicelli||1 cup|
|Chopped almonds||2 tbsp|
Ingredients for potatoes
|Vegetable oil||2 tbsp|
|Red chilli powder||1/4 tsp|
- Peel potatoes and wash them. Cut them in one centimeter cubes.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan. Once the oil is hot, add potatoes and shallow fry on medium heat till they brown. Keep stirring once in a while.
- Once the potatoes are brown, add salt and red chilli powder and mix. Adjust the seasonings as per your taste. Turn off the heat. Potatoes are ready.
- While the potatoes are frying, heat another nonstick pan and add ghee. Shallow fry vermicelli in ghee on medium heat. Keep stirring for even browning.
- Peel and grind the cardamoms and keep aside.
- Once the vermicelli is light brown, add 1.5 cups of water and cover it. When the water starts to boil, lower the heat and cook until all the water is absorbed. Keep stirring it once in a while.
- Once all the water is absorbed, add sugar and cardamom, and mix. Sugar will melt slowly. Cover the vermicelli again and cook untill all the liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle chopped almonds on the cooked vermicelli and sevaiyan is ready.
- Place sevaiyan in a plate and top it with potatoes. Sevaiyan and Potatoes are ready. Serve it warm.