Creamy Tomato Soup is extremely easy to make and not heavy at all, unlike the name.
|Preparation time:||30 minutes|
|Fresh Tomatoes||6 medium|
|All Purpose Flour||1 tbsp|
|Full Milk||1 cup|
|Basil leaves (optional)||8-10|
|Freshly Crushed Black Pepper||1/8 tsp|
- Wash tomatoes and boil with about half an inch of water.
- Once the water starts boiling, cover the pan and let it cook for about 10 minutes. Turn off the heat. Tomato skin would have cracked by now and must be starting to separate.
- Let the tomatoes cool a bit so that they are easy to handle.
- Pinch the skin of the tomatoes and remove it. It does not have to be removed 100% but most of it needs to be removed.
- Now blend the tomatoes in a mixer along with the water they were boiled in.
- Heat butter in a sauce pan. Lower the heat and add all purpose flour.
- Keep stirring so that the flour is cooked properly but does not burn.
- Once it starts to brown a bit, add little bit of milk while whisking the flour. This is to make sure that no lumps are formed. Once the flour is fully mixed in milk, add the remaining milk.
- Now add tomato puree, salt and pepper and wait till it starts boiling. Once it starts to boil, it will become kind of creamy. Turn off the heat.
- Tomato soup is ready to serve. If you have fresh basil leaves, break a few leaves and add to the soup.
- Adjust the seasoning as per your taste.
- If the lumps are formed, just strain the milk mixture through a sieve and rub the lumps in the sieve so that they are dissolved.