|Preparation Time:||10 minutes|
|Cooking time:||30 minutes|
|Lobhiya (Black Eyed Peas)||2 cups|
|Chopped red onion||1 small (1/2 cup)|
|Tomato puree||1 cup|
|Green chillies chopped (optional)||2|
|Coriander leaves chopped||1/4 cup|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 tbsp|
|Cumin powder||1 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 tsp|
|Red chili powder||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander powder||1 tsp|
|Garam masala||1/2 tsp|
|Mango powder||1 tsp|
|Salt||1 1/2 tsp|
|Big Cardamom (optional)||1|
|Kasoori Methi (Dried fenugreek leaves) – optional||1 tsp|
- Pick lobhiya to make sure there are no stones or dirt. Wash thoroughly.
- Cook in pressure cooker with turmeric powder and salt.
- Once the cooker starts whistling, reduce heat and let it cook for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onion and ginger-garlic paste. Saute till onions become translucent.
- Add cumin powder, chili powder, coriander powder, mango powder, cloves, cardamom and mix.
- Add tomato puree and green chilies. Saute till oil starts showing. Turn off the heat.
- Heat fenugreek leaves in microwave for 2 minutes. Crush it to a fine powder. Keep aside.
- Open the pressure cooker after the steam dies completely.
- Mix boiled lobhiya into the tomato mixture and cook for 5 minutes on low heat. Add garam masala and fenugreek powder. Turn off the heat.
- Serve hot with Rice, Flat bread and Mashed Eggplant.
- You may have to fine tune the duration of pressure cooking because it depends on your pressure cooker. Basically the lobhiya should be pretty soft after they are cooked.
- You can skip garlic if you don’t like it.